Master of Arts in
Master of Arts in
Christian Ministry (MACM)
AVAILABLE ON CAMPUS & 100% ONLINE
The Master of Arts in Christian Ministry (MACM) is the most flexible of all the Seminary’s programs. Out of a total of 36 units, 12 units are electives dedicated to the student’s area of interest. By taking a full-time load of 9 units each trimester, the program can be completed in two years. Course availability, student load, adherence to student advisement, and other factors may extend or shorten the anticipated completion timeline.
The MACM degree is primarily designed to prepare students for:
1. Auxiliary Christian ministries or lay leadership positions that are enhanced by graduate-level biblical studies not requiring advanced exegetical or theological training;
2. A graduate-level of biblical understanding to apply toward Christian living in both ministry and non-Christian contexts, as well as for personal and spiritual enrichment;
3. Future studies in the SCS Master of Divinity program.
Upon successful completion of the Master of Arts in Christian Ministry program students will be able to:
- Interpret the content of the Old and New Testaments utilizing a literal-grammatical historical hermeneutic.
- Demonstrate a graduate-level proficiency in writing on a range of topics related to Christian issues.
- Express the essential theological doctrines which distinguish historic Christianity; and
- Apply biblical knowledge and critical thinking skills to resolve present day problems.
Each candidate for the MACM degree must meet the general graduation requirements and complete 36 units (or 12 three-unit courses) of graduate-level courses and:
- Complete 36 units of graduate level courses as indicated below.
- Complete at least 30 units at SCS.
- Complete the program curriculum with not less than a 2.0 GPA.
- Successfully pass the Comprehensive Exams.
- Submit a petition to graduate to the Registrar by the deadline in the Academic Calendar.
- Settle all financial obligations to SCS.
- Be recommended by the faculty based on demonstrated moral integrity.
READY TO GET STARTED?
OR GET MORE INFORMATION
Degrees that get you where you want to go
Southern California Seminary is more than just another Bible seminary, offering generic degrees in Ministry and Theology. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of biblical study and truth. Our distinctives cumulatively make our institution unique among biblical seminaries in a day and age where the Word of God is not taken at face value, and core doctrines are being diluted.
You have goals. Southern California Seminary can help you achieve them. Do you need a bachelor’s degree to help fulfill God’s call on your life? Do you need a master’s or doctoral degree to take the next step in your ministry or career? SCS has a program—either Online or On-Campus—designed to renew your mind and deepen your faith in Jesus Christ.
SCS is seeking students with a hunger for learning about God and a desire to dig deeper into the Bible. From your first visit until your graduation, we will strive to support you in your spiritual growth, and prepare you to minister in the 21st century.
MA Christian Ministry
BIBLICAL STUDIES – 9 UNITS
- BH-501 HERMENEUTICS
- BH-505 METHODS OF INDUCTIVE STUDY
- NT-601 ANALYSIS OF ROMANS
INTERDISCIPLINARY SKILLS – 12 UNITS
- RS-501 GRADUATE RESEARCH & WRITING
- PH-507 CHRISTIAN ETHICS AND LEADERSHIP
- TH-501 SYSTEMATIC THEOLOGY
- TH-508 COMPARATIVE SYSTEMS OF THEOLOGY
CHRISTIAN MINISTRY – 6 UNITS
- PM-505 SPIRITUAL GROWTH AND DISCIPLESHIP
- PM-771 MINISTRY INTERNSHIP 1 (TRIMESTER)
ELECTIVES – 9 UNITS
Southern California Seminary is more than just another Bible seminary — more than just another Christian College or Christian University. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of biblical study and truth. Our distinctives cumulatively make our institution unique among biblical seminaries in a day and age where the Word of God is not taken at face value, and core doctrines are being diluted.
Southern California Seminary’s mission is to bring glory to God by assisting local churches to equip believers of various cultures and languages to live and minister biblically based on the inerrant Word of God. This equipping includes building biblical knowledge, Christian character, and ministry skills—all at modest tuition.
Southern California Seminary is a private institution of higher education dedicated to teaching from the inerrant Word of God. Here you will learn about God from His book – the Bible. As a ministry of Shadow Mountain Community Church, under the leadership of Dr. David Jeremiah, SCS offers the highest quality of biblical education with a tuition that is refreshingly affordable.