Master of Arts in
Master of Arts in
Christian Counseling (MACC)
AVAILABLE ON CAMPUS & 100% ONLINE
The Master of Arts in Christian Counseling (MACC) provides graduate-level instruction related to counseling from a biblical framework. This program of study is most useful for persons seeking to focus their education on the interdisciplinary counseling and Christian studies. This program provides students with a biblical and theological foundation that is significant for counseling from a biblical worldview. By taking a full-time load of 9 units each trimester, the program can be completed in two years. Course availability, student load, adherence to student advisement, and other factors may extend or shorten the anticipated completion timeline.
The MACC degree is primarily designed to prepare students for:
• Counseling within the church or in Parachurch settings where a well-developed understanding of the interplay between faith and counseling is desired;
• Interdisciplinary dialogue concerning such relevant issues as counseling techniques, history of psychology, human development, philosophy and counseling, and ethics in counseling;
• Advanced studies including: Master of Divinity, Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology, Master of Arts in Marriage and Family, and Doctorate of Psychology.
Upon successful completion of the Master of Arts in Christian Counseling program students will be able to:
1. Interpret the content of the Old and New Testaments utilizing a literal-grammatical-historical hermeneutic;
2. Demonstrate a graduate-level proficiency on a range of issues related to biblical studies and Christian counseling;
3. Expound Biblical truths in a variety of settings;
4. Apply biblical knowledge for spiritual growth and discipleship; and
5. Demonstrate competencies in counseling from a biblical framework.
Each candidate for the MACC degree must meet the general graduation requirements and complete 48 unitsof graduate-level courses of which no more than 9 units can be transferred from another institution:
1. Complete 48 units of graduate-level courses;
2. Complete a minimum of 39 units at SCS. Students are urged to follow the recommended curriculum to prevent scheduling conflicts later on;
3. Complete the program curriculum with not less than a 2.0 GPA;
4. Submit a petition to graduate to the Registrar by the deadline in the Academic Calendar.
5. Settle all financial obligations to SCS.
6. Be recommended by the faculty based on demonstrated moral integrity.
READY TO GET STARTED?
OR GET MORE INFORMATION
Degrees that get you where you want to go
Southern California Seminary is more than just another Bible seminary, offering generic degrees in Ministry and Theology. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of biblical study and truth. Our distinctives cumulatively make our institution unique among biblical seminaries in a day and age where the Word of God is not taken at face value, and core doctrines are being diluted.
You have goals. Southern California Seminary can help you achieve them. Do you need a bachelor’s degree to help fulfill God’s call on your life? Do you need a master’s or doctoral degree to take the next step in your ministry or career? SCS has a program—either Online or On-Campus—designed to renew your mind and deepen your faith in Jesus Christ.
SCS is seeking students with a hunger for learning about God and a desire to dig deeper into the Bible. From your first visit until your graduation, we will strive to support you in your spiritual growth, and prepare you to minister in the 21st century.
MA Christian Counseling
BIBLICAL STUDIES – 9 UNITS
- BH-501 HERMENEUTICS
- BH-508 METHODS OF INDUCTIVE STUDY
- NT-601 ANALYSIS OF ROMANS
INTERDISCIPLINARY SKILLS – 12 UNITS
- RS-501 GRADUATE RESEARCH & WRITING
- TH-501 SYSTEMATIC THEOLOGY
- PM-505 SPIRITUAL GROWTH AND DISCIPLESHIP
- PH-507 CHRISTIAN ETHICS AND LEADERSHIP
COUNSELING – 21 UNITS
- BC-501 THEOLOGICAL FOUNDATIONS OF COUNSELING
- BC-504 MARRIAGE AND FAMILY COUNSELING
- BC-508 CRISIS COUNSELING
- BC-510 FUNDAMENTALS OF CHRISTIAN COUNSELING
- BC-515 CONFLICT RESOLUTION
- BC-600 FAITH INTEGRATION AND PRAXIS
- BC-651 CHRISTIAN COUNSELING PRACTICUM (TRIMESTER)
ELECTIVES – 6 UNITS
Southern California Seminary is more than just another Bible seminary — more than just another Christian College or Christian University. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of biblical study and truth. Our distinctives cumulatively make our institution unique among biblical seminaries in a day and age where the Word of God is not taken at face value, and core doctrines are being diluted.
Southern California Seminary’s mission is to bring glory to God by assisting local churches to equip believers of various cultures and languages to live and minister biblically based on the inerrant Word of God. This equipping includes building biblical knowledge, Christian character, and ministry skills—all at modest tuition.
Southern California Seminary is a private institution of higher education dedicated to teaching from the inerrant Word of God. Here you will learn about God from His book – the Bible. As a ministry of Shadow Mountain Community Church, under the leadership of Dr. David Jeremiah, SCS offers the highest quality of biblical education with a tuition that is refreshingly affordable.