Mission of the SCS Financial Aid Office
It is the mission of the SCS Financial Aid Office to provide financial assistance in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner as well as to provide the best possible service.
- To provide guidance in the application process.
- To provide financial aid counseling for students and their families.
- To ensure good stewardship of financial aid funds.
- To maximize financial aid available to SCS students within the limits of each source of funding.
- To strive to be the best Office of Financial Aid.
Types of Financial Aid
- Grants do not have to be repaid minimum is $555 and maximum is $5,550 available for undergraduate students only, and the Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant for undergraduates with exceptional financial aid need.
- Federal Work-Study: Money earned while attending school; does not have to be repaid. For undergraduate and graduate students, jobs are on campus and pay at least $9 per hour.
- Loans: Subsidized Direct Loan must be repaid. The US Department of Education pays the interest while the borrower is in school and during grace and deferment periods. Student must be enrolled at least half-time and have financial aid need. The interest is a fixed rate as of July 1st 2010 is 4.5% for undergraduate students and 6.8% for graduate students. (Minimum is $3,500 and maximum is $8,500 depending on your grade level).
- Unsubsidized Direct Loan must be repaid. The borrower is responsible for all interest; student must be enrolled at least half-time and has the same interest rate as the subsidized fixed at 4.5% for undergraduate level and 6.8% graduate.
How to Apply for Financial Aid
- To determine your eligibility for need-based aid, you must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You are encouraged to apply online.
- Your FAFSA cannot be submitted before January 1, but should be submitted before March 2 for priority consideration.
- Apply Now! Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Southern California Seminary’s school code 033323
VA Education & Training
Southern California Seminary is committed to providing the highest level of education at the most affordable cost possible.
Feel free to contact the Financial Aid Department at (619) 201-8952 with any additional questions. Remember, Financial Aid is granted on a first come, first serve basis. So Act Quickly!