Understanding Darwin: His Life, Science, and Impact is a community course open to the public that runs for 7 weeks on Thursday, Oct 29 through Dec 17.
As Christians, intellectual virtue demands that we understand opposing worldviews and acquire the skills to critique them. As biblical creationists, it is essential to understand the major claims of the evolutionary worldview. This course will provide the student with in-depth study of the writings of Charles Darwin. Students will read and critique two of Darwin’s primary works, The Origin of Species, and The Descent of Man. The course will give special attention to an examination of Darwin’s arguments in the light of 21st century understanding of the living world. The impact of Darwin’s ideas on modern thought and culture will also be explored.
ALL TEXTBOOKS, COURSE MATERIALS AND CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION INCLUDED WITH COURSE REGISTRATION:
1. Behe, Michael J. Darwin’s Black Box: The Biochemical Challenge to Evolution (2nd ed.). New York: The Free Press, 2006. (ISBN-13: 978-074329031)
2. Darwin, Charles. The Origin of Species electronic version
3. Darwin, Charles. The Descent of Man. Electronic version
4. Meyer, Stephen C. Darwin’s Doubt: The Explosive Origin of Animal Life and the Case for Intelligent Design, New York: HarperCollins Publishers, 2013. (ISBN-13: 978-0062071477)
5. Sanford, John C. Genetic Entropy & The Mystery of the Genome 3rd ed. Feed My Sheep Foundation Publications, 2008. (ISBN-13: 978-0981631615)
(SCROLL DOWN TO REGISTER)