MASTER OF ARTS
IN INTERCULTURAL STUDIES
A NEW PROGRAM FOR MISSIONARIES AND THOSE WANTING TO BE MISSIONARIES
The Master of Arts in Intercultural Studies (MAIS) is a 36 unit Master’s degree program that offers a biblical education with dedicated practical electives in Intercultural Field Study and Ethnography. The MAIS provides a strong foundation in faith integration, learning, and practice related to effective international missionary work. The program brings together the best strengths and priorities of both Bible and Theology and the Missional mandate of the Christian Church in one graduate program aimed at equipping workers for effective missionary ministry.
Upon successful completion of the Master of Arts in Intercultural Studies program, students will be able to:
- Interpret the content of the Old and New Testament utilizing a literal-grammatical-historical hermeneutic in the spread of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in a missional context;
- Demonstrate a graduate level proficiency on topics related to biblical studies, the Church and Christian counseling;
- Explain the foundational theological doctrines of the Christian faith;
- Identify a conceptual framework for intercultural ministry practice based on clear, well formulated biblical principles, techniques and other strategies for conflict management;
- Apply biblical knowledge for effective international missions work.
Southern California Seminary (SCS) and Shadow Mountain Community Church Missions Department is committed to the great commission of Matthew 28:19-21. As a result, those who are associated with ETHNOS360 missionary agency are eligible for a 75% tuition off scholarship to attend SCS in the pursuit of a MAIS degree.
- Available to Active Members Only
- We accept New Tribes Missions Credits