Bachelor of Arts in
Bachelor of Arts in
Biblical Studies (BABS)
AVAILABLE ON CAMPUS & 100% ONLINE
The curriculum leading to the Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Studies (BABS) degree is a 120-unit course of instruction designed to develop Christian character, a sound knowledge of the English Bible, and the skills appropriate for ministry in a local church, mission field, or other Christian ministry. By taking a full-time load of 12 units each trimester, the program can be completed in four years. Course availability, student load, adherence to student advisement, and other factors may extend or shorten the anticipated completion timeline.
The purpose of the BABS program is achieved by enabling students to:
- Develop and communicate a broad understanding of the content, themes, context and continuity of the books of the Old and New Testaments;
- Demonstrate a college-level proficiency in language arts, humanities, and the sciences within a Christian worldview;
- Formulate a biblical worldview and apologetic for Christian values and conduct demonstrating an authentic Christian faith within a contemporary cultural setting
- Apply practical ministry and discipleship skills within the local church and Christian community;
- Establish and defend a consistent biblical theological framework based on a grammatical historical hermeneutic.
Each candidate for the BABS degree must meet the general graduation requirements and:
- Complete 120 units of undergraduate level courses including a minimum of 60 units of biblical, theological, and interdisciplinary studies, and 48 units of general education.
- Complete at least 30 units at SCS.
- Complete the program curriculum with not less than a 2.0 GPA.
- Submit a petition to graduate to the Registrar by the deadline in the Academic Calendar.
- Settle all financial obligations to SCS.
- Be recommended by the faculty based on demonstrated moral integrity.
READY TO GET STARTED?
OR GET MORE INFORMATION
Degrees that get you where you want to go
Southern California Seminary is more than just another Bible seminary, offering generic degrees in Ministry and Theology. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of biblical study and truth. Our distinctives cumulatively make our institution unique among biblical seminaries in a day and age where the Word of God is not taken at face value, and core doctrines are being diluted.
You have goals. Southern California Seminary can help you achieve them. Do you need a bachelor’s degree to help fulfill God’s call on your life? Do you need a master’s or doctoral degree to take the next step in your ministry or career? SCS has a program—either Online or On-Campus—designed to renew your mind and deepen your faith in Jesus Christ.
SCS is seeking students with a hunger for learning about God and a desire to dig deeper into the Bible. From your first visit until your graduation, we will strive to support you in your spiritual growth, and prepare you to minister in the 21st century.
BA Biblical Studies
BIBLICAL STUDIES – 30 UNITS
- BH-103 BIBLICAL INTERPRETATION
- BH-207 INDUCTIVE BIBLE STUDY
- OT-203 OT SURVEY 1: PENTATEUCH
- OT-205 OT SURVEY 2: HISTORICAL BOOKS
- OT-207 OT SURVEY 3: POETICAL BOOKS
- OT-209 OT SURVEY 4: PROPHETICAL BOOKS
- NT-218 NT SURVEY 1: GOSPELS AND ACTS
- NT-219 NT SURVEY 2: PAULINE EPISTLES AND HEBREWS
- NT-220 NT SURVEY 3: GENERAL EPISTLES AND REVELATION
- NT-245 ANALYSIS OF ROMANS
THEOLOGY – 13 UNITS
- TH-204 DOCTRINE OF THE BIBLE
- TH-220 SYSTEMS OF THEOLOGY
- TH-300 CHRISTIAN THEOLOGY
- RS-451 BIBLICAL SUMMARY 1 (TRIMESTER)
- RS-452 BIBLICAL SUMMARY 2 (TRIMESTER)
INTERDISCIPLINARY STUDIES – 17 UNITS
- AP-100 BIBLICAL WORLDVIEW
- PM-100 SPIRITUAL DISCIPLINES
- PM-201 BIBLICAL DISCIPLESHIP
- AP-201 APOLOGETICS AND EVANGELISM
- PM-307 PRINCIPLES OF STEWARDSHIP
- PM-451 MINISTRY INTERNSHIP 1 (TRIMESTER)
- PM-452 MINISTRY INTERNSHIP 2 (TRIMESTER)
COMMUNICATION SKILLS – 12 UNITS
- RS-100 CRITICAL THINKING AND WRITING
- EN-101 ENGLISH COMPOSITION 1
- EN-102 ENGLISH COMPOSITION 2
- CM-101 COMMUNICATION SKILLS
ARTS AND HUMANITIES – 15 UNITS
- FA-101 INTRODUCTION TO FINE ART
- PH-101 INTRODUCTION TO PHILOSOPHY
PLUS, EITHER TWO LANGUAGE COURSES:
- BL-301 ELEMENTARY GREEK 1 (TRIMESTER)
- BL-302 ELEMENTARY GREEK 2 (TRIMESTER)
- BL-351 ELEMENTARY HEBREW 1 (TRIMESTER)
- BL-352 ELEMENTARY HEBREW 2 (TRIMESTER)
PLUS, ONE OF THE FOLLOWING ELECTIVES:
- HI-104 CHURCH HISTORY 1
- HI-105 CHURCH HISTORY 2
- RE-403 WORLD RELIGIONS
- RE-405 ISLAMIC STUDIES
- RE-407 SURVEY OF THE CULTS
NATURAL SCIENCE AND MATHEMATICS – 9 UNITS
- MA-120 MATHEMATICS FOR GENERAL EDUCATION
- NS-110 INTRODUCTION TO NATURAL SCIENCE
- NS-203 SCIENTIFIC MODELS OF ORIGINS
SOCIAL AND BEHAVIORAL SCIENCES – 12 UNITS
- HI-210 U.S. HISTORY
- HI-220 U.S. GOVERNMENT, CHURCH & STATE
- PY-101 GENERAL PSYCHOLOGY
- PY-405 ABNORMAL PSYCHOLOGY
- SS-203 CULTURAL ANTHROPOLOGY
- SS-301 MARRIAGE AND FAMILY
- SS-306 CRUCIAL ISSUES IN THE 21ST CENTURY
- SS-321 INTERPERSONAL CONFLICT RESOLUTION
- SS-330 HUMAN GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
- CO-331 COUNSELING THEORIES AND TECHNIQUES
- CO-332 LEGAL AND PROFESSIONAL ISSUES IN COUNSELING
- MI-101 INTRODUCTION TO WORLD MISSIONS
- MI-201 HISTORY OF CHRISTIAN MISSIONS
- PM-301 BIBLICAL PREACHING
- PM-311 INTRODUCTION TO PASTORAL MINISTRY
- CE-401 PRINCIPLES OF TEACHING
Southern California Seminary is more than just another Bible seminary — more than just another Christian College or Christian University. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of biblical study and truth. Our distinctives cumulatively make our institution unique among biblical seminaries in a day and age where the Word of God is not taken at face value, and core doctrines are being diluted.
Southern California Seminary’s mission is to bring glory to God by assisting local churches to equip believers of various cultures and languages to live and minister biblically based on the inerrant Word of God. This equipping includes building biblical knowledge, Christian character, and ministry skills—all at modest tuition.
Southern California Seminary is a private institution of higher education dedicated to teaching from the inerrant Word of God. Here you will learn about God from His book – the Bible. As a ministry of Shadow Mountain Community Church, under the leadership of Dr. David Jeremiah, SCS offers the highest quality of biblical education with a tuition that is refreshingly affordable.