AA/AS to Bachelor of Arts in
AA/AS to BA in Biblical Studies
Transfer Program (AA/AS to BABS)
AVAILABLE ON CAMPUS & 100% ONLINE
This transfer policy is designed for students who have already completed an Associate of Arts (AA)or Associate of Science (AS) from an accredited institution. Students who have earned an Associate’s degree may request to have their transcript reviewed to see if they qualify for this transfer policy. The transferring Associates degree must have no fewer than 60 units of academic course work including 45 units of general education units and may not be a vocational or specialized degree. The transfer degree GPA must be a minimum of 2.0. The AA/AS to Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Studies includes 66-units of course-work that leads to the completion of the BABS program. By taking a full-time load of 12 units each trimester, the program can be completed in two years. Course availability, student load, adherence to student advisement, and other factors may extend or shorten the anticipated completion timeline.
The AA/AS to BABS is an internal transfer policy and not a separate degree program. As such, the program objectives are those of the Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Studies, which purpose is achieved by enabling students to:
- Communicate a well-developed understanding of the entire Bible, as well as its major doctrinal themes, including creation, fall, judgment, redemption, and eternal destiny.
- Demonstrate a college-level proficiency in language arts, humanities, and the sciences within a Christian worldview.
- Manifest the Christian faith within a contemporary cultural setting, having developed a biblical worldview and apologetic for Christian values and conduct.
- Pursue further development of their knowledge, talents, and unique spiritual gifting, with a view to their ongoing relatedness to both the church and society at-large.
- Defend a consistent theological framework based on a grammatical-historical hermeneutic and apply it to contemporary issues.
Each candidate for the AA/AS to BABS transfer policy must meet the general graduation requirements and:
- Complete 66 units of undergraduate level courses as indicated below.
- Complete at least 33 units at SCS.
- Complete the program curriculum with not less than a 2.0 GPA.
- Submit a petition to graduate to the Registrar by the deadline in the Academic Calendar.
- Settle all financial obligations to SCS.
- Be recommended by the faculty based on demonstrated moral integrity
READY TO GET STARTED?
OR GET MORE INFORMATION
Degrees that get you where you want to go
Southern California Seminary is more than just another Bible seminary, offering generic degrees in Ministry and Theology. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of biblical study and truth. Our distinctives cumulatively make our institution unique among biblical seminaries in a day and age where the Word of God is not taken at face value, and core doctrines are being diluted.
You have goals. Southern California Seminary can help you achieve them. Do you need a bachelor’s degree to help fulfill God’s call on your life? Do you need a master’s or doctoral degree to take the next step in your ministry or career? SCS has a program—either Online or On-Campus—designed to renew your mind and deepen your faith in Jesus Christ.
SCS is seeking students with a hunger for learning about God and a desire to dig deeper into the Bible. From your first visit until your graduation, we will strive to support you in your spiritual growth, and prepare you to minister in the 21st century.
AA/AS to BABS
BIBLICAL STUDIES – 30 UNITS
- BH-103 BIBLICAL INTERPRETATION
- BH-207 INDUCTIVE BIBLE STUDY
- OT-203 OT SURVEY 1: PENTATEUCH
- OT-205 OT SURVEY 2: HISTORICAL BOOKS
- OT-207 OT SURVEY 3: POETICAL BOOKS
- OT-209 OT SURVEY 4: PROPHETICAL BOOKS
- NT-218 NT SURVEY 1: GOSPELS AND ACTS
- NT-219 NT SURVEY 2: PAULINE EPISTLES AND HEBREWS
- NT-220 NT SURVEY 3: GENERAL EPISTLES AND REVELATION
- NT-245 ANALYSIS OF ROMANS
THEOLOGY – 13 UNITS
- TH-204 DOCTRINE OF THE BIBLE
- TH-220 SYSTEMS OF THEOLOGY
- TH-300 CHRISTIAN THEOLOGY
- RS-451 BIBLICAL SUMMARY 1 (TRIMESTER)
- RS-452 BIBLICAL SUMMARY 2 (TRIMESTER)
INTERDISCIPLINARY STUDIES – 23 UNITS
- AP-100 BIBLICAL WORDVIEW
- RS-100 CRITICAL THINKING AND WRITING
- PM-100 SPIRITUAL DISCIPLINES
- AP-201 APOLOGETICS & EVANGELISM
- NS-203 SCIENTIFIC MODELS OF ORIGINS
- PM-451 MINISTRY INTERNSHIP 1 (TRIMESTER)
- PM-452 MINISTRY INTERNSHIP 2 (TRIMESTER)
PLUS, TWO LANGUAGE COURSES, EITHER:
- BL-301 ELEMENTARY GREEK 1 (TRIMESTER)
- BL-302 ELEMENTARY GREEK 2 (TRIMESTER)
- BL-351 ELEMENTARY HEBREW 1 (TRIMESTER)
- BL-352 ELEMENTARY HEBREW 2 (TRIMESTER)
Southern California Seminary is more than just another Bible seminary — more than just another Christian College or Christian University. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of biblical study and truth. Our distinctives cumulatively make our institution unique among biblical seminaries in a day and age where the Word of God is not taken at face value, and core doctrines are being diluted.
Southern California Seminary’s mission is to bring glory to God by assisting local churches to equip believers of various cultures and languages to live and minister biblically based on the inerrant Word of God. This equipping includes building biblical knowledge, Christian character, and ministry skills—all at modest tuition.
Southern California Seminary is a private institution of higher education dedicated to teaching from the inerrant Word of God. Here you will learn about God from His book – the Bible. As a ministry of Shadow Mountain Community Church, under the leadership of Dr. David Jeremiah, SCS offers the highest quality of biblical education with a tuition that is refreshingly affordable.